Is my 2007 MBP Compatible with Wireless-N ?

Merkava_4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
California
Hi people,

I'm trying to decipher which wireless router would be a good match for this 2007 Santa Rosa era MBP. It's the last MBP edition before the start of the Unibody. The information on the internet is getting confusing. I'm seeing articles talking about wireless B, G, and N. I'm also seeing articles talking about 2-wire and dual band. I don't know which I'd need. I have a Siemens 4100 DSL modem and all I want to do is get unattached from the ethernet cable so I can move the MBP around the house. I should probably mention that the MPB is picking up a neighbor's WiFi signal real well, but I have no idea which neighbor it is. When I click on the Airport Icon, it says I'm receiving a signal from a Linksys router. :shrugs:

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
I have one, and yes it is for both 2.4 and 5ghz n. It's the one with the 8600GT nvidia gpu.

Comment

Merkava_4

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
California
Look up your laptop on Everymac.com to see what it supports.
I will do that, thank you.

I have one, and yes it is for both 2.4 and 5ghz n. It's the one with the 8600GT nvidia gpu.
Does that mean it's compatible with both wireless G and N ?

Correct. I have the same model. Already had the logic board replaced twice due to the 8600.
I've had my logic board replaced already as well. It still has video chip issues intermittently even with the replacement board, but it doesn't do it often enough to act as proof to the genius at the store.

Comment

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
I will do that, thank you.

Does that mean it's compatible with both wireless G and N ?

I've had my logic board replaced already as well. It still has video chip issues intermittently even with the replacement board, but it doesn't do it often enough to act as proof to the genius at the store.
it is compatible with b, g, n (2.4 and 5 ghz)

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.