Is my 2007 MBP Compatible with Wireless-N ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Merkava_4, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Merkava_4 macrumors 6502a

Hi people,

I'm trying to decipher which wireless router would be a good match for this 2007 Santa Rosa era MBP. It's the last MBP edition before the start of the Unibody. The information on the internet is getting confusing. I'm seeing articles talking about wireless B, G, and N. I'm also seeing articles talking about 2-wire and dual band. I don't know which I'd need. I have a Siemens 4100 DSL modem and all I want to do is get unattached from the ethernet cable so I can move the MBP around the house. I should probably mention that the MPB is picking up a neighbor's WiFi signal real well, but I have no idea which neighbor it is. When I click on the Airport Icon, it says I'm receiving a signal from a Linksys router. :shrugs:

2. icewing macrumors 6502

Look up your laptop on Everymac.com to see what it supports.

3. Freyqq macrumors 68040

I have one, and yes it is for both 2.4 and 5ghz n. It's the one with the 8600GT nvidia gpu.

4. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Correct. I have the same model. Already had the logic board replaced twice due to the 8600.

5. Merkava_4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will do that, thank you.

Does that mean it's compatible with both wireless G and N ?

I've had my logic board replaced already as well. It still has video chip issues intermittently even with the replacement board, but it doesn't do it often enough to act as proof to the genius at the store.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

That's not what it means (it means that it's compatible with both types of n), but yes, it works with g and n.

7. Freyqq macrumors 68040

it is compatible with b, g, n (2.4 and 5 ghz)