Is my 2015 MBP Faulty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Fuzzo, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Fuzzo macrumors newbie

Hello all,

In October after seeing the new MacBook Pro releases I made the decision to upgrade from my 2008 unibody. The new models were priced to highly for me so I decided to go for a 256gb refurbished 13" 2015 model directly from Apple.

At the same time my girlfriend also upgraded but to a brand new 128gb version.

We use them fairly interchanbly and we both agree mine just seems to not work properly in comparison. It's generally small things but they just don't happen on her brand new MBP at all.

If I shut down it will hang on a black screen for a minute. On startup the grey task bar at the top will stay black for a minute. Netflix in Chrome and Safari will shift left suddenly for a brief second every 5 minutes. Overall it feels slower on all tasks by a second or two.

They feel like small things, but it's certainly noticeable in everyday use.

Is there anything I can run to test conclusively?

It's now 35 days old so only available for repair now I assume. Now I would rather just return and put in the extra money for brand new.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. casperes1996 macrumors 65816

casperes1996

Well, have you tried running Apple Hardware Diagnostics Test or what it's called to see if it reports anything? Or the much simpler one - reinstall macOS/OS X and see if it's still problematic.

3. jerryk macrumors 68020

See if they will take it back. You are right past the edge of the window and maybe it will fit under the extended Holiday return period. Anyway, it cannot hurt to ask. And don't volunteer any information, just say you are having problems, and want to return it and order a new one.

Best of luck.