Is my airport extreme N defective?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by macintologist, Jun 5, 2009.

1. macintologist macrumors 6502

The wireless on my Airport Extreme n that I purchase last week doesn't work. I have tried doing both hard and soft resets and it doesn't work. The ethernet connections works fine, that's how I'm able to post this, but the wireless doesn't work. On my Powerbook, on my iPhone, none of them show my wireless network.

Furthermore, the Airport software is buggy. For example, when I try to configure the wireless, the "Radio Mode" popup menu is blank and doesn't let me select it. Also, when I go into "Wireless Options" where it lets you configure the 5Ghz network name, the "Country" popup is also blank and doesn't do anything when I click on it.

I have the latest firmware installed, 7.4.1. I have all software updates installed.

So since I tried hard resetting this thing more than once, it still has the same problem. The wireless simply doesn't work. What should I do at this point?

2. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Neither the PowerBook or the iPhone support 802.11n. So if the router is set to 'only n' option, it wont work! Set it to b+g+n mode and try!

3. designgeek macrumors 65816

designgeek

That's really weird. Apple should have free tech support for at least 90 days, I'd give them a call, I've never seen any problems like that ever. If you've configured everything properly which is pretty easy and I assume you have by what processes you've been through it seems that's your last resort as far as I know. Good Luck.:)

4. macintologist thread starter macrumors 6502

That's interesting because the "Radio Mode" is blank. When I click on it it doesn't do anything.

Attached Files:

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Um... Shouldn't you be selecting something other than 'Automatic' in Radio Channel Selection!?!

6. macintologist thread starter macrumors 6502

If I set it to "manual" it goes back to Automatic. It doesn't let me select it!