Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrocks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
The other day I reinstalled os x and re-downloaded all of the updates. since then my wireless randomly drops out and says click here for network diagnostics. I do this and it has it set on ethernet cable but i previously set it on airport. why is it switching itself to ethernet and losing the connection?? it wasnt doing this before the reinstall....my new mbp has froze a couple of times and now this airport issue, im starting to worry even more bout what else could happen. i leave for school on friday and theres no apple store around here or my school :(

fr4c

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2007
Hamster wheel
its the known Airport issues with the new update. you're going to have to reinstall OS X using the supplied CD, and then re-update everything else EXCEPT the Airport Update. You'll be fine then. I would also hold back on the 10.4.10 version update also until the next update comes out.

jrocks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
are you sure thats what the problem is? before i reinstalled os x i had the airport update and it worked fine. i think ill double check and make sure my internet connection is ok firs, then i guess ill resort to reinstalling os x...again. kind of a pain to reinstall and get my music back and get everything back the way i like it. how can an update cause soooo many problems? it seems like they would have extensively tested the update first ...:confused:

fr4c

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2007
Hamster wheel
do a search on it, youre not the first one to have Airport issues after the update, that was supposed to address the wireless issues after the 10.4.10 update. its a pain in the rear I know, but ATM theres not much we can do.

jrocks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
hmmmm everything has been working fine now for about 3.5 hours. maybe it was my internet connection and not my airport? i dont know, i guess ill just keep waiting and see what happens. is there a way to test my internet connection to see if its operating normally? i have DSL....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.