Is my Airprt dying?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dbernie41, Sep 8, 2010.

1. dbernie41 macrumors regular

I have a 2008 MBP running 10.6.4 and in May I had to get my right fan replaced because it had died. Because of the excessive heat my logic board fried in June. Now recently my Airport has been giving me all kind of issues. It will stop working all the time and has to be turned off and then again and its an extreme pain in the butt when downloading something because often times it will have to be started over. So... do you think my Airport card is dying?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you Airport keeps disappearing I'd visit an Apple Store. If they refuse to fix it (because they can't diagnose it), either take it to an authorized service center or call AppleCare.

3. twerk macrumors member

I would advise the same thing. I would say don't take it to a computer store that ISNT authorized or an apple store. I had a problem with my battery so i took it to a random place near my house, i was told it that my logic board was fried. Turns out i just needed a new battery. Probably an isolated case but if the you take it to an apple store i've only had good experiences with service.