Is my anti-reflective coating messed up?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ncbetz, Feb 24, 2017.

1. ncbetz macrumors 6502

ncbetz

Hi,

I have a very strange issue with my Mac and after seeing the article I am curious if I have an issue with my coating. If not does anyone know what it is?

Pictures before cleaning screen:
    IMG_5003.JPG

Area after cleaning screen:
    IMG_5010.JPG

Apple Support was very knowledgeable and helped walk me through the art of cleaning a screen completely blowing off my issue.

I insisted that it did not help so I was told to make an appointment for the Apple Store. I want to know before hand if this is an issue that involves the coating as I am not covered under warranty.

The issue shown above is not as visible when the display is on depending on the lighting.

Thanks

2. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Yes - have you read the article about Apple extending the repair program for these screens? You qualify :)

3. Jnesbitt82 macrumors 6502

Jnesbitt82

4. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

This quality program is still in effect, and Apple announced just in the last day or so that it will be extended.
    Includes models sold as long ago as October 2012.
    Here's a couple of pictures of the issue that may look familiar to you.
    You can also search for "Apple staingate" which will likely show you a variety of articles about that issue.
    Spink10 says "you qualify". I'm not convinced, but Apple will decide if your system falls within the range of affected systems. Your local "genius" will be able to tell you by the serial number. I expect that you will be happy with the result.

5. ncbetz thread starter macrumors 6502

ncbetz

Yes I did, it is what made me realize that my issue may be with the coating.
    Thanks!
    Thanks so much! I will probably contact them soon.