Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

K-Funk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
There's no way to select your favorite magazines and no way to see all your downloaded issues. I went through the listing of magazines and downloaded several, but the only way to access a magazine (even if I've already downloaded it) is to scroll through the catalog (past all the magazines I have no interest in) until I find it alphabetically.

Also, even though I've flipped through several magazines, under "My Magazines" it just shows the one I'm "reading now" and one "Recent" (the Hollywood Reporter for some reason, even though I never expressed interest in it).

With Texture, you can select which magazines you want and it will automatically download new issues, and you can access all your downloaded issues together. Is that not possible with Apple News+?

Also, is there no way to view back issues?

Nihilvor

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
T\

Also, even though I've flipped through several magazines, under "My Magazines" it just shows the one I'm "reading now" and one "Recent" (the Hollywood Reporter for some reason, even though I never expressed interest in it).

This is definitely an issue, and not just on IOS, as the same thing happens for me in Mojave and across all of my devices. From what I've see from early adopters, this wasn't an issue right after the release, so hopefully it's something Apple is working on. It's really annoying to have to search for each magazine again and again. There's an entire page called "My Magazines," but only the current magazine you are reading shows up.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Try this:
Navigate to a magazine the you like.
Open the magazine.
Tap on the magazine’s name on the very top of the page
It will now go to a view with previous issues
On the top right you’ll see the heart, touch to turn on.
Navigate back to the news + bar (on the left side) your magazines will appear in the list. Touch edit and you can change the order.

Nihilvor

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
Try this:
Open the magazine.
Navigate back to the news + bar (on the left side) your magazines will appear in the list. Touch edit and you can change the order.

Thanks! That helped. It's certainly not self-explanatory or very logical. For one thing, at least on the Mac version, clicking on the heart for a given magazine doesn't work unless you're on the page you described. Also, the "recent" tab doesn't fill up unless you go through the process you described, though you'd think that it would just keep track of your recent reads by default. They need to work a bit more on the UI for this one.

K-Funk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2007
Try this:
Open the magazine.

Many thanks. It's still not very user friendly, but at least it's not unusable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.