Is my Apple TV busted ?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by nickhj, Jan 13, 2009.

1. nickhj macrumors newbie

Hi, Apple TV purchased 10 months ago. Today it started really lagging when watching an HD podcast over wifi, like pausing on a single frame for 20 seconds, then pausing on another frame. Also, it was almost untouchable it was so hot. Pulled the power and now it won't restart - it just flashes amber and white constantly. Cannot get any video output on the TV, which just reports no signal from the apple unit.

Have tried the menu and down option on the remote but it doesnt do anything. I guess its some terminal HD problem as I cant even hear the drive with my ear next to the unit when its given power.

So, presumably its a trip back to the retail store. If they exchange, I really want to be sure no-one can get my photos etc from the disk.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

2. EvilMatty macrumors newbie

I recently posted a separate thread with a similar problem on my unit - light flashes amber/white, however if you leave it for 5 mins or so a large "?" is diaplyed on the screen. I think mine is a hdd error so I have taken it in for repair today - although mine is out of warranty so will cost me!!