Is my battery broken?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by silbeej, Dec 12, 2007.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

So for a year, my battery has been above 95% max capacity, and i've been very happy. I could close the lid of the MBP and it would sleep for days without using any battery, well a very very small amount. Then last week, it dropped down to 60% max capacity, and i've only got 75 cycles on it. Also, it will eat 15% battery overnight if i have it sleeping, and it will never stop charging, it just keeps going. I found a battery replacement thing on Apple's website, well one of you guys linked it to me, but it might only cover the core duo MBP, but i purchased mine in the correct time they list. Any suggestions or should i just go to an apple store and have them look at it?

2. lil'homunculus macrumors regular

lil'homunculus

i just talked to an apple reseller yesterday regarding my MBP battery, (has the right?(wrong?) model/serial number and seems to be sub par)
    they told me to bring it in for a looky loo and would fix it for me on the spot. Give it a shot, no harm done, right?

3. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

How old is your MBP? Seems by your sig that it is the same as mine, C2D 2.16. I got mine in Nov. 06, and the replacement i found online is for MBP between Feb 06 and April 07, but it says it only extends battery warranty to two years on the CD MBP. I hope they don't mean that for our C2D were made in that time span. Over winter break i'll go to an apple store and tell them as nicely as i can, "give me a new battery, this one is messed"

4. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

OH also, when calibrating, my MBP will go to sleep, but i can wake it up again by hitting the spacebar, and i get about another hour out of it. But after this hour, it doesn't go to sleep, it just simply shuts off. Should i not wake it up again, and wait for the blinking light to go off, or wake it up and get every last ounce of power out of it before charging it back up?

THanks