Is my battery broken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lapino, Jun 25, 2009.

1. lapino macrumors regular

I noticed lately that I get very poor battery life out of my 2G Touch. When playing game, I can be happy to get about 1,5 hours of playtime. I usually start up my Touch about 5 times a day to check mail etc on hotspots. Usually about 15mins of surfing/mailing, and generally, my Touch is about empty when I get home.

Is there a way to get this better?

2. Pgohlke macrumors 6502

let it run out completely until it shuts down by itself and then charge it up to 100%. This will recalibrate the battery. If it doesn't work then you could always restore and see if that works. If still no then go to an apple store and explain, they may or may not replace it for free.

3. KrazyKuul macrumors regular

It wastes alot of battery when you turn ur iPod on and off. If you updated to 3.0, make sure bluetooth is always off when you are not using it. Also, on my old iPod touch, I could save battery if I turned wifi off and left it to sleep overnight, instead of turning it off and on again.

If you want to conserve maximum battery, I reccomend turning wifi off when you are not using the iPod, and always leaving it on. Though, when you do charge it up, it would be a good idea to restart the iPod, because that will speed it up a little.

4. MomoRacer macrumors member

Another suggestion that is recommended by Apple is to let the iPod run completely out of battery one time per month.