Is My Battery Dying Too Fast?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by flipster, Jun 14, 2011.

1. flipster, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2011

flipster macrumors 6502a

Hey, just a curiosity question. I keep my brightness almost as low as it can go, e-mail push notifications are turned off, all push is off besides texts and Facebook really... spotlight search is turned off, apps are closed immediately so none are running in the background. Does this seem right? I mean the brightness throughout the day was on almost none.. It seems like it dies a little fast. Some days the battery can stay at 100% for an hour, other days for only 5 minutes.

Attached Files:

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Sounds about right. 3G tends to drain the battery a lot, its best to turn it off if you won't be needing it for a long period of time (i.e. overnight).

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

there are threads here comparing battery life. if your worried look them up. looks good to me though.

4. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

9 hours of usage is a lot. Unless you were listening to music for most of it.

5. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Looks good to me as mine performs worse then that,be happy.

6. aneftp macrumors 601

I agree. It's not the total usage but the type of usage. If I am listening to music all day, I can get 13-15 hours of use.

However, start adding internet browsing especially over 3G instead of wifi...the battery drains much faster.

If I am doing strictly Netflix over 3G experiment like I did last month, my battery is dead in 5 hours.

7. Sjhonny macrumors 6502

I'm squeezing 20 - 25 out of my iPod Touch while only listening to music (some minor wifi usage)

8. Votekinky06 macrumors 6502

Hmmm, I'm going to look and see what I get today now. I'm pretty sure it's alot less than that

9. aneftp macrumors 601

Sounds about right. Apple says you can get 24 hours of just music playback on your ipod touch/iphone device if music is strictly playing.

Apple is one of the few manufacturers that's on the spot in terms of specifying the correct battery times of their devices.

10. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

You can save yourself a lot of hassle and not kill your apps all the time, not really necessary on an iPhone.