Is my battery dying?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SolRayz, Dec 23, 2008.

1. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

Under more info in the power section, it says to "check battery". I have noticed that my battery barely lasts as long as it used to. CoconutBattery also states that my battery capacity is nearly halved. And what is up with the Age of my mac! 24458 months old!:confused: My MBP is a mid '07 model so it concerns me that I would have to replace my battery so soon. Is this the tell tale signs of battery death?

Also I forgot to add that I followed :apple: procedure to re-calibrate the battery last night. Seems to have done nothing as I can tell.

Attached Files:

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

This seems like normal battery wear. It is 1.5 years old. I use to get close to 4 hours out of my early 07 MB but now only get about 1.5 hours. Unless your are only getting like 15 minutes out of it, I'd say that it is just normal wear on the battery. As far as the age of the computer thing is concerned, I have no idea why it is telling you that. I don't have my MB with me right now to compare. Hope this helps.

3. Padaung macrumors 6502

Padaung

If you go into the preferences section for CoconutBattery you can input your Macs serial number and the app will determine the age more accurately from that.

Seems like it is time for a new battery for you. My sister's machine (2.5 yr old Macbook) has had about the same number of cycles and her battery is dying now too (73%).

Somehow mine is still at 98% capacity after 278 cycles (1 year old Macbook), luck must be on my side! Fingers crossed, long may it continue...

4. SolRayz thread starter macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

I was hoping that these batteries had a longer lifecycle.:eek: Thanks for your help!

5. Padaung macrumors 6502

Padaung