Is my battery healthy??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wez99950, Feb 21, 2010.

1. wez99950 macrumors member

my apologies for ANOTHER battery thread, but this is my first mbp and i think i tortured my last laptop (ibook g4) so i want to make sure i don't do the same with this one!
    I would be a heavy user, using it everyday so it would be on pretty much all the time. I am often not near a mains so the battery would sometimes run down to 10-5% and then i'd re-charge it.
    I recently downloaded coconut battery to check how it's doing and i'm just wondering, is my batter status normal?

Current Battery Capacity: 4634 mAh
    Original Battery Capacity: 5450 mAh
    85%

Battery-Loadcycles: 110
    Age of Mac: 6 Months

Is it being down to 85% after 6 months ok/normal?

Thank you

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

If your battery falls under 80% health in less than 300 cycles in the first year, you can replace the battery by Apple.

Your current health and cycle count seem to be on the worse side of battery life, as my MB's battery still has 92-95% health after 180 cycle or so since 8/2008.

3. wez99950 thread starter macrumors member

is there anything i can do myself to fix it??

4. wez99950 thread starter macrumors member

i actually calibrate every fortnight or so as i didn't do it with my last laptop. i can't really not use my laptop as i need it every day. hhmmm.....

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Calibration every fortnight might have damaged the battery, but it can also be that the battery is a so-called lemon.

Observe your battery behaviour (health and cycles) and when health is below 80% and cycle count below 300 and all this before the first year of your Mac purchase concludes, you can contact Apple (phone or store) to get a replacement battery, which excludes you from giving your Mac away.

6. wez99950 thread starter macrumors member

ok, thank you! kinda sucks tbh. now, it's not every fortnight but i have done it a few times so i don't think it could be that.

7. Aar0n macrumors newbie

Does apple's site state that 80% and count cycle below 300 would be eligible for a replacement? if that is so i need to replace mine soon

8. wez99950 thread starter macrumors member

i'd actually like to know that too if i have to get onto them. i'd be good to know where it actually says that.