Is my battery life bad?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tymaster50, Oct 8, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I restored from backup yes, I can play the dark knight rises for about 20 minutes and my battery will drop down to around 70%. This is on low brightness and airplane mode. So do I have a lemon(bad device) or is this normal? Should I restore as new or make a genius bar appointment and hope for a new phone?

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Drop 30% in 20 minutes? That is definitely a lemon. Especially on Airplane Mode (with airplane mode on I can squeeze 2 days out of the phone)

3. Neverbepeace macrumors 6502a

Neverbepeace

Try and restore as new and see how that works.....if you get same results....run like hell to the nearest apple store:cool:

4. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I'm not generally a good indicator of battery life but it did seem like something was wrong when my phone died faster than usual.
    Is there a way to keep my text messages?

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

back the phone up to icloud. It will save everything on the phone and make it the exact same once you restore.

6. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

so restore, set up as new, then restore from iCloud backup?

7. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I've wondered that too....but I think it's just the way it is. The phone has a lot of power hungry features and does fairly well with it. I played N.O.V.A. 3 for about 30 minutes and it took around 30% of my battery....

Really just waiting on a Mophie Juice pack so I don't have to worry about it.

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Yes, and it will load everything exactly as the phone was on your last backup, text and all :)