Is my battery life bad?

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
I restored from backup yes, I can play the dark knight rises for about 20 minutes and my battery will drop down to around 70%. This is on low brightness and airplane mode. So do I have a lemon(bad device) or is this normal? Should I restore as new or make a genius bar appointment and hope for a new phone?

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
I restored from backup yes, I can play the dark knight rises for about 20 minutes and my battery will drop down to around 70%. This is on low brightness and airplane mode. So do I have a lemon(bad device) or is this normal? Should I restore as new or make a genius bar appointment and hope for a new phone?
Drop 30% in 20 minutes? That is definitely a lemon. Especially on Airplane Mode (with airplane mode on I can squeeze 2 days out of the phone)

Neverbepeace

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2009
New York
Try and restore as new and see how that works.....if you get same results....run like hell to the nearest apple store:cool:

tymaster50

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
New Jersey
Try and restore as new and see how that works.....if you get same results....run like hell to the nearest apple store:cool:
I'm not generally a good indicator of battery life but it did seem like something was wrong when my phone died faster than usual.
Is there a way to keep my text messages?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I'm not generally a good indicator of battery life but it did seem like something was wrong when my phone died faster than usual.
Is there a way to keep my text messages?
back the phone up to icloud. It will save everything on the phone and make it the exact same once you restore.

STiNG Operation

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2012
The Zoo
I've wondered that too....but I think it's just the way it is. The phone has a lot of power hungry features and does fairly well with it. I played N.O.V.A. 3 for about 30 minutes and it took around 30% of my battery....

Really just waiting on a Mophie Juice pack so I don't have to worry about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.