Is my charge port loose?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sullez, Oct 18, 2011.

1. sullez macrumors 6502

I have a question about the charge port on the iphone 4s.

I noticed that if I have my iphone on the charger the part that you plug into the phone there is a small jiggle where I can move the rectangle piece from side to side - if I do so the charge will disconnect then reconnect.

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks and have a great day.

2. sullez thread starter macrumors 6502

I took the case off to see if the same thing happens and it does.

But I think I am just not supposed to touch that part of the charger while it is on the chargcharging.

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Some play is normal, but if it's disconnecting, so it stops charging, that isn't normal.

4. sullez thread starter macrumors 6502

It disconnects and automatically reconnects. Hmmmm...

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Definitely take it into Apple and get a replacement, this could cause you problems down the road.

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Movement is OK, but the disconnect is not. If you are getting this behavior with the Apple-supplied sync cable then I would say it is a problem to be addressed (probably the phone, but I suppose it could be a bad cable instead).

7. sullez thread starter macrumors 6502

I will have to live with it for now - I am not near a apple store and my ATT is sold out. Especially when it only disconnects if I deliberatley move the rectangle piece.

8. sullez thread starter macrumors 6502

So my working hrs. don't permit me to get to an apple store - AT&T is sold out. Let's see how this turns out - they said they could do a express replacement but the phone could be refurbished. I just received this new phone. Maybe I am being a little OCD.

9. sullez thread starter macrumors 6502

I just tried a apple cord that I got with my iPod and it works fine . what gives?