Is my G4 compatible with raw images and iPhone

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macuseless, Aug 3, 2009.

1. macuseless macrumors newbie

Hi I have an old G4 eMac with an 800 MHz processor, it's still using panther. The computer will not recognize my iPhone and I can not upload raw images from my digital camera. I understand that I need iPhoto 6 and osx 10.4 for the iPhone. I only use this computer for music and simple photo manipulation. If I get these upgrades will my computer accept them or has my camera and phone made my old computer obsolete?

2. Creative One macrumors 6502

Creative One

I'd torrent and find out. You can always downgrade. Plus, that software is so obsolete I think it would be alright to torrent.

/end troll

3. spinne1 macrumors 6502a

spinne1

Go buy a card reader and use that to transfer raw files from the card to your Mac. It will work fine.

If you get Leopard and install it (you'll have to hack a little to get it to install, or simply find a copy of Tiger,) you'll have no trouble with the iPhone being detected. You probably need to get Leopard, the latest iTunes, and maybe the latest Quicktime for everything to sync properly.

4. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

Tiger will work on you G4, I have it running on an iMac G3, you 'll just need enough memory. Get a copy of iPhoto that is younger than your camera.