iPad Is my iPad defective? (Moving LCD)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by nj-morris, May 14, 2015.

1. nj-morris macrumors 68000

nj-morris

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
    I've had my iPad 4 for about a year and a half. I've noticed the LCD moves around quite a lot, because the gaps on the edge of the screen are sometimes bigger than one another, and I've noticed that today it is extremely noticeable.
    Here is a picture I took. Sorry if they are a bit grainy, they're from my iPod touch. If you see, not only is it completely out of place (it might not be clearly shown in the picture), but slanted as well. Is this normal, and is it a problem? I'm not one of those people who return their stuff at every single misplacement, but is it something that I should be worried about?

image.jpg

2. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

Nothing should be moving. That's completely abnormal. Unfortunately, unless you've purchased AppleCare, you'll probably have to pay full price for a repair from Apple or a third party.

3. nj-morris thread starter macrumors 68000

nj-morris

Thanks. But as I say, unless it affects my usage, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Here is another picture, as the last one didn't show very much

image.jpg

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Your second image is not any better. You screen should be tightly "lipped" by the aluminum case all the around evenly. If not it is not normal.