Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
Hmmmmm I jail broke iPad using spirit the day I bought it and have not experienced this problem

Fry-man22

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2007
I had the same problem. It is related to a jailbreak app from cydia/rock, currently the suspect is OpenSSH, but others have reported other possible suspects.

Check this thread here: http://modmyi.com/forums/ipad-jailbr...jailbreak.html.

OpenSSH suspected culprit on page 2:

"I also have the same calibration problem. It surfaced immediately after installing OpenSSH (all other dependencies were already installed and running fine for days, so I can pinpoint to exactly this package). As an earlier post mentions, respringing temporary solved the issue (until the next reboot)."

Your link is broken...

Fabrice

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2007
I doubt that simply jailbreaking the device will lead to what you are experiencing.
Definitely in my case there is a alignment problem after jailbreak.
Restoring fixed the problem.
As to know what component causes it...

As for your "issue," iPhone OS automatically offsets your touch input. There is no issue with "calibration," it's simply that the larger screen leads to a more noticeable offset. The offset is necessary because your touch input would appear to be incorrect without it.
No. There's no offset. I looked at it rather seriously.

Fabrice

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2007
I had the same problem. It is related to a jailbreak app from cydia/rock, currently the suspect is OpenSSH, but others have reported other possible suspects.

Check this thread here: http://modmyi.com/forums/ipad-jailbr...jailbreak.html.

OpenSSH suspected culprit on page 2:

"I also have the same calibration problem. It surfaced immediately after installing OpenSSH (all other dependencies were already installed and running fine for days, so I can pinpoint to exactly this package). As an earlier post mentions, respringing temporary solved the issue (until the next reboot)."

OpenSSH is already the likely culprit for breaking WiFi localisation...
That would be cool :)

tuxing

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
Some jailbreak app is the culprit.
In landscape mode -- always use iPad with the home button to the right side...
That seems to reduce the problem.
In portrait mode it's not that an issue.

KandyKane

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Australia
Great thread guys, I only just realised why some links on some sites were all screwy and tried to save a picture (which was above it) and not open in background tab.

TangoDown

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2010
UK
Thanks everyone. Registered to say that. :)
Uninstalled OpenSSH and this problem disappeared.
Strange though, I've had OpenSSH installed for days with no problems until today.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Confirmed!!!

OpenSSH uninstalled = Issue Fixed

Only bad thing I can't use iSSH as Mobile Terminal

tomatillo

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
Mine has never been "jailBroken" but it definitely puts the Input point about a cm below where my finger is actually at. At first I thought I was just hopelessly clumsy choosing safari menu items. But I've been playing with an app that puts a crosshairs on the point and it's way off. Seems ok when a keyboard is on screen tho. ?

WonderFlea

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2009
Why uninstall just use sbsettings toggle!

Yes, I've had the same problem with the calibration. Instead of uninstalling ssh I used the toggle in sbsettings to de-activate ssh and it appears to fix the problem. I'm no longer pressing the flipping "N" key when I'm trying to hit the space bar.
Mynsentancesnwouldnlooknlikenthis.
Now they look like this (as you can already tell).
:)

I wouldn't want to unjb cause I like my tethering apps.

Maahtiin

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2011
Problem solved, w/o uninstalling openSSH

Heya,
Came on this thread after googling how to calibrate ipad, and found that openSSH was the problem. Uninstalling was the remedy, i read. But i thought if i disable openssh in some program, could that work too?

I tried the program toggle ssh (standalone app, with the stingy fish app thumb) and disabled ssh. After a respring the problem went away.

This way i can use openssh, and have a perfectly calibrated ipad :)

Just my two copper on this problem.

Edit: sorry for the poster above me, you came first with the toggle idea. Didnt read ur post :p

john101261

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2012
Mine does this and it's NOT jailbroken...

It's definitely software. It's alternately affected both my iPad and my phone. A restore fixes it, but then it comes back. I can't tell what app's corrupting it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.