Is my Iphone 3GS dead for good?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Shushy, Mar 10, 2011.

  1. Shushy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2011
    #1
    Over the last week or so, my battery life began depleting faster than normal. I thought it was because of my charger cord. When i went to plug my phone into an FM transmitter via the docking (i had used it a couple days before no problem), it reset itself. I turned it on and the battery just kept dying faster and faster. The last time i turned my phone on, a text message came through and my phone just shut off and the screen just faded out as if it had water damage. It's been two days and it hasn't powered back on...Do i just need to replace the battery or did i mess something else up by plugging it into the transmitter?

    Thanks in advance.
     
  2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #2
    Sounds like that FM transmitter fried or damaged it.
    Bring it to Apple if you're still under warranty.
     
  3. Shushy thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2011
    #3
    No I'm not under warranty, I may just have to take it to a random Wireless phone repair shop to see.
     
  4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

    Applejuiced

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2008
    Location:
    At the iPhone hacks section.
    #4
    Yep, give it a shot.
    See if there's an iphone repair place near you.
     
  5. Shushy thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2011
    #5
    Update
    So i got the battery swapped out once, and it still didn't hold charge long enough, but the phone was working. This morning it was dead again, which led me to get another battery. Later on this evening it shut off again. I guess it's time to get a new phone since something is cooking my batteries.
     
  6. JamesMB macrumors 68000

    JamesMB

    Joined:
    Jan 2, 2011
    Location:
    Texas
    #6
    I doubt that anything is "cooking" your batteries. More likely to be the charging circuit, or something else that is preventing the phone from charging, since you have replaced the battery twice. But I agree with you ...Time for a new phone.:)
     

Share This Page