Is my iPhone 4 bricked?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lys, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Lys macrumors newbie

A quick timeline of my problems:

--bought iPhone 4 at launch
    --jailbroke last week using JailbreakMe
    --smooth sailing for a week or so? No issues, errors, etc.
    --Yesterday, I tried to open Cydia and started getting database errors. Tried to rejailbreak it, that didn't fix Cydia, so I left it alone for the time being.

--earlier today, I opened my camera roll and was confronted with an error message saying that it had to "restore" my photo library...it went through the restore and then said I had no pictures saved in my camera roll (I had had around 1600!). After a brief panic, i opened the camera roll again, let it go through the restore again, and the photos were back.

And now my current, major issue...

--about two hours ago, the phone just died. Completely. It was fully charged (I had just taken it off the charger about ten minutes prior) and I had my rss reader open (MobileRSS). Without warning, the screen dimmed and went black. Pressing the home button=no response. The power button=no response.

So I plugged it into my computer to see if I could restore it and again...no response. I held down the power button + home button for ten seconds, released the power button, and after a few seconds the computer recognized it...but the screen remained black. iTunes popped up and told me to restore it, so I tried.

The restore failed. Error 21. The screen came on...kind of. Just a bright white screen at this point. after a minute or so, it goes black again and the phone is still dead.

So to recap...I'm not getting the "recovery mode" screen on my phone. I can't get the Apple logo, anything. It appears to be stuck in DFU mode but it won't restore because of the Error 21 issue. I've tried everything--uninstalled iTunes completely and reinstalled, tried it on a different computer, etc. Nothing is working. I've googled it to death and all I keep seeing is "put it in DFU mode and recover it, it's impossible to brick an iPhone"....but absolutely nothing is working to restore mine.

Any ideas?

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof