Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smagdy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Sweden
Hello!

I got Black iPhone 4S unlocked online from apple UK and let a friend send it to me to Sweden.

Anyways, i waitied a few days with the problem, to make sure if it was just a glitch or its permenant problem, but it looks like its always there.

Whenever i get SMS and reply to it, it fails to be sent, then the signals go away -> No Service -> Searching -> signals come again and now i can resend it. It happens like 90% of the times, i reply or send new SMSs.

and same happens with normal calls, when i just want to call, first it doesnt connect -> No Service -> Searching -> signals come again and now i can call.

Restarted, restored... but same result!

Of course i am thinking to go to Apple Store, but i am travelling in 10 days, so maybe i will do it when i get back if there was no other fix.

But also my phone is factory unlocked, but phone sold in Sweden are locked, so i am wondering if they will replace it, what will they give me :confused:

DELTAsnake

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2008
Australia
Ask your phone company for a new SIM, I had similar issues after I transfered my SIM from my 4 to my 4S, turns out the SIM got damaged. SIM's are easily damaged.

vitzr

macrumors 68030
Jul 28, 2011
California
I travel from the US to the UK & other countries frequently, in turn I swap sims a lot to eliminate roaming charges. Here's a tip to reduce the chance of sim wear & tear. Using a cloth, spray a small amount of WD40 or similar product on it. Then wipe it across the contacts on the sim. That's just enough to allow it to slide in and out easily. After a year of this practice, I've never had a problem as I did in the past.

jcu

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2009
U.S. - Europe
It sounds a bit like an issue people are having in Germany which is related to the sim PIN. You could try switching sim pin off, if you have it on..

Exxitwound

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2011
My was doing this yesterday. What I did was disable location services, and everything started working again. It was like the wireless radio was rebooting over and over again. I turned location services back on and it instantly started doing it again. So I started disabling services program by program and found that my 'Tune-in Radio' app was causing it. I can't explain it. But my radio hasn't rebooted since I disabled tune in radio's location service.

oxocube

macrumors member
May 30, 2007
My was doing this yesterday. What I did was disable location services, and everything started working again. It was like the wireless radio was rebooting over and over again. I turned location services back on and it instantly started doing it again. So I started disabling services program by program and found that my 'Tune-in Radio' app was causing it. I can't explain it. But my radio hasn't rebooted since I disabled tune in radio's location service.

Basically same thing here. Anytime GPS used, the wireless radio would do a restart. But in my case, ANY program that used location services would kill my 3G connection a few moments later.

I did a restore, and it seems to have stopped this annoying behavior....at least so far.

smagdy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 31, 2008
Sweden
- Disabled sim-pin
- Got new sim card

But i still have the same issue, but it feels like it happens less frequently!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.