is my iPhone 6 battery in need of replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ru7hl355, Jul 17, 2016.

1. ru7hl355 macrumors regular

Hey guys,

my iPhone 6 is barely lasting a day, it used to last nearly 2 days... it will also jump for i.e 40% to 20% really quickly :( so i installed iBackupBot and its gave me this, I'm not 100% sure if this is a bad result or not...

[​IMG]

any help is much appreciated!

thanks in advance

Jamie

2. Freakonomics101 macrumors 6502a

Freakonomics101

Apple claims that at 500 cycles, the battery is at 80% capacity. But that also depends on how you charge your iPhone. Also, what iOS version is your iPhone on?

3. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

This doesn't look like the battery is bad. Are there any apps that show an odd amount of battery usage? Hard reset the device, see if it continues. Curious what iOS version you're on also....

4. BearBert macrumors member

BearBert

Yeah its bad you're down to 74% of the original capacity according to that app. I'd recommend making an appointment with the genius bar and having them look into it further.

5. itsray macrumors 6502

they can run a battery diagnostic if you chat with applecare over the phone or through the site. then they can tell you if you qualify for a battery replacement.

6. maccompaq macrumors 65816

maccompaq

My iPhone 6+ had very good battery life until the last update to 9.3.2. An example: I charged the battery to 100% Monday morning and did not use the phone at all, and Tuesday at noon the battery was down to 29%. This has only been happening since the last update.

7. ru7hl355 thread starter macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I'm running 9.3.2...

usage reports nothing out of the ordinary, Pokemon go has been using quite a lot of power, but it was like this before that game came out.. its just worse now...

usage - 6hrs, 10 mins
    standby - 6hrs, 18 mins

i have tried a hard reset, recalibrating etc. will book it into apple for a look :(