Is my iPhone completely dead?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anastacio, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Anastacio macrumors regular

So I had a jailbroken iPhone 5, which were stuck at the loading circle screen the whole night. I then took it in for repair to fix my sleep/wake button today, and now it won't stop restarting itself, even after restoring it to 7.1.2 factory and setting it up as a new phone.

It turns on, then in a minute or 2, green lines quickly pops up and shuts it down. Then it turns on again, rinse and repeat.

Is my iPhone 5 completely dead? Or is there still hope?

Has the motherboard failed me? Is the battery loose?

:(

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Who did you take it to for the repairs? An Apple Store, a certified Apple repair shop, or a non-certified one?

3. Anastacio thread starter macrumors regular

A non-certified one but they are basically one of the most popular here in Denmark.

But I still have my warranty from the store I bought it from. There's always a 2-year warranty when buying products here.

I'm gonna talk with both of them tomorrow, but I were thinking, if there's anything I can do at this point.

4. Jaguarr40 macrumors regular

Jaguarr40

I think the best thing you can do is what you said you were going to do and take it where you bought it. Technically you should hope they don't use the fact that you took it to a none qualified repair shop to void your warranty or they know there is something wrong and give you a replacement.