Is My iPhone Factory Unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jimmy Guphanti, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Jimmy Guphanti macrumors 6502

Hello,
    I want to sell my iPhone 5S on eBay. I can get a lot more money if it is factory unlocked and I am pretty sure it is, but I want to confirm. I bought the phone from Verizon a while back and all phones sold on Verizon (as of the past few years) are factory unlocked. I then brought the phone over to AT&T and have been using it there for the past few months. To check if it was unlocked, I brought it to a T-Mobile store and had them put a SIM card in it, and sure enough, it hooked right on to T-Mobile's network. All signs point to it being unlocked..can I write that it is factory unlocked in the eBay listing? I don't want someone to buy it and have some reason as to why it isn't unlocked. It is right?

Thanks.

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

Is My iPhone Factory Unlocked?

If you want confirmation, make a Genius Bar appt and have Apple tell you.

(It sounds unlocked to me. Also, it should be if it was originally a Verizon 5s.)

3. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It is unlocked for GSM use.
    But to be correct its not a Factory unlocked iphone. You can list it as a verizon Iphone 5S and if it has a clean ESN that's even better cause it can be used on Verizon and any GSM carrier in the world.