Is my iPhone useless? 3rd apps etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Petulka, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Petulka macrumors member

I got new iPhone for my birthday. My mom is not technic king and bought some with someones help. I'm getting mad now because I think it useless. It's not from apple and I can't install anything on it. I have no idea what type is it.
    Also I got few .jar games on it. Installed and started them and after they load to 1st menu (languague change / audio etc.) I can't touch anything (game don't answer, just act like foto). I would like to know if I can get any apps like games on it and if it's realy useless and what type is it. :( Thanks, some fotos there.
    1st picute is how my iPhone look (i know they all look same :cool:)
    2nd left side 1st page of manual (says W01 Series, GSM/GPRS Digital Mobile Phone)Next page is about reading manual to fully understand M200S mobile phones.
    http://img4.imageshack.us/i/p1220003i.jpg/
    http://img163.imageshack.us/i/p1220004.jpg/

2. Big Dave macrumors 6502

3. amjaliks macrumors newbie

I hope you understand that it is not iPhone, but some rip off.

4. gdlcjr macrumors regular

5. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

I'm afraid that's not an iPhone. No chrome bezel, buttons too low on the side, the chin at the bottom's too big, the software's not right, the screen looks to small etc Additionally the iPhone doesn't come with a manual, it comes with a little book that says "finger tips".

I doubt you'll be able to get Apple's software onto it. I hope your mum didn't spend too much on it

[​IMG]

vs

[​IMG]

6. jtara macrumors 65816

As my friend who works for the BBB (Better Business Bureau) has to say several times a day:

"It's a scam, son..."

7. gdlcjr macrumors regular

Maybe you keep on bugging your mom with an iphone. And I think you are wrong that she is not techy she know she given you an iPhone look a like for you stop. I she know she did not buy it at apple store.

8. Petulka thread starter macrumors member

No, you are totaly wrong. I had that green brick blackwhite nokia... My mom asked me what mobile I would like to get on 18th birthday and I said iPhone and left everything on her.

So now, is there any way to run any games there?

9. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

not any of the games we play. u have access to maybe 5 apps, and whatever came on there, which u said dont work. this is why adults should give me money for christmas.

10. Storm Shadow macrumors regular

Gutted buddy but you have a fake iPhone there. Not much we can help you with as that could have pretty much any random imaginable software on it.

Especially if you have .jar programs installed on it - sounds like a very bad knock off. iPhones use .ipa files and as some of the earlier posters have said, your phone does not have the right dimensions (screen size, button location etc) plus it came with a manual which is very un-apple.