Is my iPhone's vibrate switch broken? The sound is so ... noisy.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Doju, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

My only iPhone's vibrate switch would vibrate randomly, so I got a replacement (in the mail, so I have both at the moment). Ironically while the old one was random the sound was fine. I received a new iPhone, and it vibrates perfectly, but the sound is annoyingly loud.

I've had every iPhone since the first generation plus replacements (so like seven in total) and not one has had this issue.

You turn your phone on vibrate when you want your phone silent as you're in a situation where it needs to be quiet. When the phone is nearly as loud as the text message beep when it vibrates, well, that defeats the purpose.

Should I call Apple?

Here's a link to the sound file showing the sounds: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2143261/Audio Recording 3.mov

First one is old iPhone, second (louder) is new iPhone. Both are 16GB Black 3GS.

2. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

3. fab10 macrumors newbie

only time will fix it

I thought the same when I got a replacement iPhone. For some reason it eventually gets less powerful (say, after 2 weeks) and thus less 'noisy'.

4. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

It's like that over time probably because of the mechanism in your iPhone.