Is my iPod broken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by indy42, Aug 6, 2009.

1. indy42 macrumors newbie

I have lately been having many problems with my iPod touch. In the last couple of weeks, I have had real trouble charging my ipod touch. I'll leave it plugged in overnight, but instead of charging the battery will drain.

Right now, it is at 10% and hasn't gone up after a couple hours of "charging". Something else that worries me is that getting the ipod to say it is charging is difficult, and often involves me bending the wire or pushing up on the plug that goes into the iPod to get it to show it charging.

Is there something wrong with my iPod? Someone has said it might be the old outlets in my room that's causing it to not charge, but I don't know. If there is something wrong, is it fixable?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If it is less than a year old I would go here and schedule an appointment to have it looked at. Hopefully they will replace it.

3. indy42 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've had it for almost 2 years :s

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You can go on Apple's website and enter your serial to see if you still have a warranty.

5. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

6. indy42 thread starter macrumors newbie

At this point it's the only cord I have, but I have experienced the same problem (having to jiggle it and reposition the cord to get it to charge) with other cords, but never have it drain while "charging". I've also used the cord on someone else's iPod, and it seemed to work fine.

7. txhockey9404 macrumors 6502a

It sounds like you have a damaged dock connector. If you don't have any warranty remaining, the only things you could do are beg at the Genius bar, try to attempt an expensive repair, or trade it in at the Apple Store for 10% off of a new iPod.

8. 101X macrumors member

9. indy42 thread starter macrumors newbie

How long to ipod touches usually last? I've had mine for nearly 2 years.