Is my iPod touch 2g about to die?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by agr8man, Jan 31, 2011.

1. agr8man macrumors newbie

Firstly, hello all!!! though this is my first post here, I've been here many a times. Hoping that I'll enjoy my time here :)

Now, i have an iPod touch 2g which is an year old. I agree that i have used it quite a lot. Yesterday night, i kept it at sleep mode with 60% charge and left it..by morning it was completely out of juice. So, i charged it fully again and left it in sleep mode for 6 hours now its again 25%. Is it a problem with the iPod or is the battery about to die??

2. rgwoehr macrumors member

Are you running iOS 4? My 2G had terrible battery life when I upgraded to iOS 4.

3. elan123 macrumors 6502

Mine stayed the same... hrm.

4. agr8man thread starter macrumors newbie

5. applemike macrumors 6502

applemike

Ipod touch 2Gs and 4.0 don't get along well. if you make sure that you always disable the Wifi on the iPod then it will drastically improve the battery life, this is a problem that was supposed to be fixed in 4.2.1 but to some people there have been no improvements

6. transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

My 2G Touch is also a year old. It is in use for several hours everyday. I have iOS 4.2.1 my battery life is normal I have not turned off the wifi. I also have App's with push updates even then my battery life is no different then when I first purchased it. I do have some very minor issues with some App's written for the more powerful CPU on the 4G but nothing I can rightfully complain about. It is obvious that your battery is running out of charge cycles. You can never tell with battery packs just how long they are going to last. I am very lucky with my Touch 2G others such as yourself are going to get less life. You can have the present battery pack changed out by Digiexpress for less the $50 dollars. In my case I am going to purchase a Touch 4G. I want the cameras, the retinal display and the more powerful CPU. The present Touch will be used as well I will loaded it to the gills with audio books. This is coming from a neolithic computer geek who has been there and done that with computers, or as I call them "infernal Demons from Hell" ;) since the early 1970's