Is my IPod Touch a goner???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theone1, Oct 5, 2010.

1. theone1 macrumors newbie

Hey so basically I have a IPod Touch 16gb 2 generation (about 3 years old) , and today when I was using it, it randomly froze when it was trying to connect to a Wi-Fi network. When it froze, it just turned off, now when I "attempt" turn it on, it ONLY shows the Apple logo and turns off again. Also I charged it the night before, probably around 50-60% battery left before it freezing. Things that I tried...

-Holding the power button, but only the Apple logos shows up, brightens a little, then blacks out again.
    -DFU mode does NOT work, I tried holding the power and menu button at the same time (when plugged in and out of my computer) then after 10ish seconds releasing the menu button. Just turns black again.
    -Plugging it to different computers, iTunes does NOT recognize it, nothing happens. It doesn't even make that sound when you plug it in the computer.
    -I cannot restore it or anything like that, because iTunes or my computer do NOT recognize it.

Overall your help is much appreciate, whether my IPod Touch is dead or not! Your advice and tips will hopefully solve my problem :D! I just want to know if it's time for a new one, or not!

Thanks!

PS - Will any 3rd party program or anything that I can download SOME HOW "force" DFU mode on my dead IPod Touch?

2. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar