is my macbook battery defect ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by poGue, Jan 6, 2008.

1. poGue macrumors newbie

happy new year, everybody !

i've got a one-month-old (c2d 2ghz 2g.ram) macbook which i love already :)

THE ONLY problem is that in coconut battery 2.5.1 i started watching the current battery capacity falling within december (i bought it dec 3rd) from 5200mAh to 4900mAh (sometimes 4800)... 10-15 load cycles ... (leopard updated)

so i want to ask, (i've read so many messages in here and other forums but havent concluded to an answer yet) since it's 1 month old and i see its battery capacity falling , from what point can i ask for a free replacement in apple .. i mean if i watch it for one more month with coconut battery (which must be driven crazy, says charger connected all the time etc...) battery health monitor and i-stat , and i see it is near 90% of its original health/capacity can i ask for a free replacement now? (i mean next month)..

Bear in mind that i live in greece, i bought the macbook new and factory sealed from a power seller on ebay (US). I was told that my warranty is the paypal receipt (email from paypal with Transaction ID) . Is this so ?

finally, i registered in apple.com, got an id, but cannot figure out WHAT exact email address i should contact? (i guess that since the warranty is 1 year GLOBAL, and there is NO official APPLE Greece, i could contact Apple UK for my case) ..

thank you, awaiting your answers !

2. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Coconut battery and Leopard are not playing nice at the moment, so don't go by what it says.

Have you tried calibrating your battery recently?
    Instructions

3. poGue thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have done so twice..

can you tell me what is the (down) limit of the battery capacity (i mean 85-90%) for the first couple of months (or it doesnt matter) that apple warranty covers me to ask for a free battery change ?

can someone direct me how to contact (via e-mail) applestore.co.uk's support ?

i'm going to watch it closely for about one more month...
    you suggest using ONLY battery health monitor or what other utility ?

thank you