Is my macbook cracking? please help

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Macsforcollege?, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Macsforcollege? macrumors regular

I have a new macbook. on the bottom left side. the side near the USB.. that area appears to be "out" more then the other side. I am able to push part of the area in.. is that a problem or are all of them like it? when i compare sides.. it seems the left side is out more...

another question. today is the first time im using video chat with somone. there is a loud noise.. is it just the connection?? and theres also a delay. when say something, it takes a few seconds for him to hear it.. this normal?
    Thanks

now there isnt a delay in the video chat and the noise comes and goes.. but what about the side of the macbook, is that normal?

2. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

ok mine near the usb is the same way and well i took it off right now just sitteing there and pissing me off since i bought a new black one :D zebra macbook for me.

And for the ding it makes that noise when its a 2 way video chat right cause it does that for me and delays a bit so i think thats normal.

The usb thing on the other hand i dont think so it happened to mine but i know its not right hopefully when i put my new top on it will be better? iunno so unless if u want to take it to apple be my guest i would but dont have apple care so yea + mine is a 1st gen macbook 1.83ghz core duo, but its good u finally got a mac. :p

But yea it didnt crack just lifted

3. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i love it. but im so paranoid with it. i just had it on my lap when video chatting and after i shut it down since it was hot which i thinks is normal. im so careful with it, when shutting it. i get nervous im shutting it too much. i dont want it to get dirty.. its annoyoing. im always looking for something wrong and think something is wrong.. how do i stop??? im goin to school soon and apple is 45min away by car but i wont have a car and by bus is a few hrs so im nervous if something is wrong.....

4. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

uhm to keep it not dirty buy a white little rubber thing to go over ur keyboard and palm rest i did but its black which u shouldnt get if its white macbook.. And if my macbook is being stupid i tell it to go F**k itself then it works, or simple restart like when my isight was acting up *yelling and freaking out* and yea. well everything can be fixed so theres nothing to worry about unless if its ur fault the novelty will wear off and u wont be scared.

5. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

6. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

what type of cover/palmrest do u reccomend??

and for pictures.. i tried but its hard to see anything its more of a " i can push it in more" type of thing...

where should i not leave the macbook? i get nervous it will overheat if i leave it on the couch or on the rug for a few min if i need to go to the bathroom or kitchen...idk y im so paranoid.

so whats a good cover and palmrest? i want the macbook to stay clean and be safe.

7. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

well i got mine from like a huge hong kong seller it was like $8 cdn and came really fast just search around on ebay.

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just search the online Apple Store. There's one that is just a clear film that you just slap on the palm rat. I think it's called Invisible Shield or something. And you're very paranoid, it won't overheat to that degree. The system will shut down if it gets to a certain extent.

9. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

Apple is over priced even if its other companys things... mines actually not crappy, its good china madely quality doesnt like crap or anything

10. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

i ordered the speck hardshell case. appears to be good.

11. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

It will cause scratches on the macbook!

12. Scathach macrumors newbie

I second this, I purchased a Speck case for my Macbook when I first got it and it created the most terrible scratches on my Macbook. I complained and they sent me a second case, and the second case scratched as well, parts of the plastic touch the notebook which causes the scratches. Since I got a replacement Macbook I don't think I will ever put a hard case on it again.

13. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

Really?? thanks for the info.. i will return it once i get it.. are there any good cases to use?? or just leave it how it is?

also what should i use to clean the macbook? the screen and keyboard area?

14. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

wellsome hard shells scratch and some dont by the sounds of people saying it makes tiny ones and well w.e i have a huge one already i shall buy a black or clear one depends, but u should still get the palm thing so it wont get dirty... Espically if u have a white macbook, for the screen i use somee super fiber cloths just to get finger prints off lots of people use like i clear or somthing like that not sure of the exact name.

15. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

16. MacHappytjg macrumors 65816

i used ebay and like i said got a rubber one or slione for like $8 shipped from hong kong and fast shipping and is great

17. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

For palm rests, just try those films you stick on the palm rest. look on ebay or amazon if price is an issue, for a case, I saw a nice one that had leather on the outside, i think it was an incase..

18. Macsforcollege? thread starter macrumors regular

ok i will. so il return the speck hardcase once i get it.. but whats a good brand for a palm resr/or hard case?? sorry but i find so many, and i like to know what you guys like or use...

Thanks

19. Built macrumors 68020

I love my Speck case. :)

20. Built macrumors 68020

I have had the Speck case on my Macbook since January. I have taken it off a few times to clean and NO scratches are visible. The thing fits like a glove. No "play" so there is no rubbing.

21. Built macrumors 68020

22. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

lol why are you so paranoid? Stop worrying and start enjoying your Mac! :)

It will not overheat, unless you leave it rendering video in the middle of Sahara in direct sunlight for the whole day lol

23. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

24. Scathach macrumors newbie

Thats awesome I wish I was so lucky, out of 2 of the lovely green Speck cases they both touched areas on my Macbook, especially both sides of where the glowing apple is located. Even though I love the green color of my cases I am not going to take my chances on the Speck cases... I do wonder if the Incase ones are good.

Since I have a nice new scratch-free Macbook now I decided to put my money into buying some Cool Feet for my Macbook and they work fantabulous! Not only is my Mac at a better angle when typing but the bottom of my Macbook will remain scratch free, and I did noticed a 5 degree Celsius difference in my average running temps also... it almost never goes above 48 degrees unless I am running video or intensive programs.