Is my MacBook hacked?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Hayleyq, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Hayleyq macrumors newbie

I think my MacBook is currently hacked, yesterday I turned my MacBook on and my touchpad started going crazy, you could not move the mouse one minute then it would move on its own the next? I left it on for a bit to see what happened and it started moving around by itself? I have had my MacBook since Christmas 2010. Please help!!

2. ConCat macrumors 6502a

ConCat

It probably got a little wet. It does that sometimes if it gets too moist. It has to do with how the trackpad registers your finger.

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

It also does this when it is greasy, clean it with a glass cleaner, don't spray it on, just use a tissues and wet it with glass cleaner.

The chance you get infected if really,really small.

Edit: Look inside your sharing preferences if the remote management box is checked, this is the only way to control a Mac afaik.

4. Hayleyq thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried cleaning it with glass cleaner but still have not worked?

5. ConCat macrumors 6502a

ConCat

Check in sharing preferences as justperry said, and if it's disabled and you didn't install any VNC software that we don't know about, then it may be something's wrong with the trackpad. It's highly unlikely that you've been hacked if you're not on a public network for many reasons.

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Make a new Account in User and Accounts preferences, then login into that account, are you still having trouble there, it's done in a couple of minutes, just try, if it's gone there then you have issues inside your normal User Account.

7. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

If you have an external mouse, use it and see if it works. If it does its possible that its a trackpad issue... But don't worry your macbook hasn't been hacked ;)