Is my Macbook ok?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Precipitate, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Precipitate macrumors newbie

Hi,

Today I accidentally bumped my friend who was standing with a coke near my Macbook Pro (late 2010). I looked down and saw a splash of Coke on about half the speaker grill and to the left of the body on my desk. I freaked out and wiped it off immediately. I also then proceeded to continue using Logic on my computer for about another 40min(stupid) and then turned it off to go to class.I am now back from class two hours later and I'm wondering if my Macbook is fine. It didn't shut off or do anything weird when the small splash hit the speaker grill or afterwards when I was still using it. I'm typing on it right now and it still seems to be working perfectly. My technology department at school is Apple authorized and can take it apart for me tomorrow but I'm still unsure if it's worth the look and $. What do you think?

2. Detrius macrumors 68000

It's worth the look. If you wait until the machine doesn't work anymore, it will most likely be too late, and then you'll have to buy a new computer. If you're lucky, they'll open it up and find that none of the liquid got through the speaker grille. If you're not lucky, your board will already be corroded, and your machine will die a horrible ugly death.