Is my macbook wearing off ?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by XPcentric, Oct 9, 2012.

1. XPcentric macrumors 6502

I'm starting to have problems with my Macbook Aluminium 2008, I cant use easily the trackpad to select lines of text or to drag windows. (method used: click with one finger and drag with the second finger)

2. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

when I stated this problem to an authorized service provider, they said it is the battery that has swelled and affects the trackpad.

just my experience, make sure to verify

3. RRutter macrumors 6502

I was about to state basically the same thing. I ordered a replacement battery for my 07 black Macbook on Amazon. The battery doesn't fit perfectly because it is meant to be for a glossy Macbook, and mine is the matte one. It still works fine as a battery; the only flaw is, the dimensions are a bit uneven so when I put the battery in its holder, it sometimes messes with my trackpad/keyboard.

Try removing your battery, using your charger as power and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, that means you should order a new battery! If not, we can move on to other possible issues. :)

4. XPcentric thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for all replies.

Now to confirm the tile, one of the four round plastic black bumpers from the bottom came off. I wonder whats next ?! (you can continue with jokes if you wish)

5. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Jus glue-gun er' back on and she'll be right ;)

6. RRutter macrumors 6502

Are you still having the problems with your trackpad? I had to take my (slightly oversized) battery out yesterday, and it took a few attempts/snaps to fit it back in.