Is my Magic Mouse dying?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by hallux, Sep 12, 2014.

1. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

I bought a MM when I bought my MBP in 2012. I actually have been using the MM with my work Mac since the setup is just better for using that kind of pointing device. Recently, the mouse keeps disconnecting randomly, or never connecting to begin with. I've tried turning the mouse off and on, turning BT on the Mac off and on and even re-pairing but it still happens. Is this a sign of the thing dying?

I turn the mouse off every night, and on in the morning.

2. hallux thread starter macrumors 68030

hallux

I guess in answer to my own question, I brought the mouse home and had the same problem almost right away when I connected it to my Mini.

3. jimmyco2008 macrumors regular

I used to have that issue... And then it magically (no pun intended) went away. I forget if it ended up being the batteries or not, but have you tried fresh batteries?

4. Ray2 macrumors 6502a

5. hallux thread starter macrumors 68030

hallux

The batteries were relatively fresh, the issue has been going on a while. If I can get it to connect to the Mini tonight I can try to check the battery status. No USB 3 drives on the work computer but there is a USB 3 enclosure hooked to the Mini at home. No matter, I bought a replacement this weekend.