Is my MBP fast enough?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheStrain, Apr 7, 2009.

1. TheStrain macrumors newbie

Ok So I have the older 2.2 ghz, 4gb ram ( upgraded, same frequency so its all good) 128mb video ram. I need to upgrade ( I know) and am building my new computer soon. But Because of the military im moving right now and don't want to be stuck on a 20 hour flight with nothing to do. SO I want to put fallout 3 on my MacBookPro. So is my rig fast enough? Im not looking for the greatest graphics cause I know it won't do it. But if I did do this will I have any lag issues with the quality on low/ medium? Oh ad what vista should I get 32 bit or 64 bit and does it make a difference? Thanks, and much love to all you other tech enthusiasts!

2. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

i can answer the windows question.
    since you have 4 gb ram 64 bit is the way to go. 32 bit will only use about 2.75 gb ram

3. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Fallout 3 will be fast enough and you'll enjoy the game fine for 20 hours. You will need to lower the resolution and quality but it'll run fine. Furthermore, if you are going Vista, I would strongly recommend 64-bit. Microsoft built the 64-bit a little more stabler than the 32-bit one. I don't know why but this is what I've found when I use between the two.

4. TheStrain thread starter macrumors newbie

THANKS ALLOT GUYS!!! Btw: I have the 2gb in right now but would it be fine with just two or do I need 4? I would still get the 64 bit Vista. Because the Ram I got was like 250 bucks but is the same frequency and everything but if I don't need it I'd rather return it then save that money towards the new cpu.:D
    Because I know there is that vista memory stick into ram thing so would I really need it?

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

2GB is fine as long as you don't have too many programs running at once in Windows Vista.

6. TheStrain thread starter macrumors newbie

cool, and btw when I get my new cpu is there a way I can save my game saves and put them on that so I don't loose my process?

And btw Im only gonna use vista to game no internet, don't want to get viruses and don't want to buy norton lol.

7. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

You can back up the saved games. I'm not sure where Fallout 3 saves them though. You can look it up on Google.