Is my microphone broken?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ikermalli, Dec 9, 2008.

1. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

That mac I said I was getting... Well, my dad surprised me with it yesterday and I also got bose companion 3 series II speakers and airport express, BUT when I try to record a movie in Photobooth, I get the visuals but there is no sound, and yes, the sound is on, I tried both with the Bose, and internal speakers. Is there a problem?

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Make sure this is selected.
    (Click for larger version)

Also make sure the slider is about halfway, if it's at the bottom, it won't pick you up, if it's at the top, welcome to distortion town.

[​IMG]

3. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Oh man! You're a life saver (well... mac saver)! Thanks! I still have a lot of research to do eh? < yeah I'm Canadian :)

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I'm guessing it's all working then? Yeah Mac takes a little of getting used to if you're from the windows side, but just use it as you would your windows PC and you'll soon find everything you need, spotlight is a pretty handy tool, and unlike in windows, the Help menu is pretty damn useful too :)

5. ikermalli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, I'll start using that. When I tried the help menu in windows it would say I typed something wrong lol. Is there a way to put spotlight at the top of my screen? Like where it shows wifi and everything

6. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i believe it is.

just click the little magnify glass, then type what you are looking for.

and sorry for the crappy image. on the pc ;)

Attached Files: