Is my new iPhone 7 Plus possessed?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appurushido, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Appurushido macrumors regular

Long story short. My phone was locked/disabled after 10 failed passcode attempts. When it requested I connect to iTunes to hopefully get more chances to guess my password (probably due to typo errors when I created the passcode) it starts going into what I dub a seizure mode. Once plugged in to my computer and trying to connect to iTunes the screen flickers and vibrates every second like it's possessed or something of a seizure effect. Granted it's still locked/disabled with all the data in tact.

I was unable to get it to give me more chances to try to input my code so I had to do a full data erase and restart from new. Fortunately, 99% of my data was backed up. From the new, wiped, iPhone, trying to restore from iTunes, it goes immediately into the seizure mode once plugged in. It doesn't give me an opportunity to back up from iTunes.

Has anyone heard of this problem? Or have it occurred to you? My phone is an iPhone 7 Plus, SIM-free version, bought directly from the Apple Store. My appointment isn't for a few more days, but wondering if someone can shed some light into my problem. I do have a short 10 second clip of the problem that I do not know if I can link or upload. I have not found the problem on the web as of yet.

Thank you in advance!

2. borgsauce macrumors regular

borgsauce

Could you take a close look at the cables lightning connector? Specifically the pins, are there any burnt marks on it? Just curious.

3. foxconn Suspended