Is my new mac actually old?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nilsh32, May 4, 2013.

1. nilsh32 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Just got my new 15'' MBP. I got the anti glare and the 2.6GHz processor. I love it so far but, it's mid 2013, and under "about this mac" it says the computer is a Mid 2012 and the "image" of the computer has the black bezel, but mine is of course silver. Is this something to be concerned or curious about or am I being neurotic?

Thanks!

-Nils

2. Santabean2000 macrumors 68000

Santabean2000

Neurotic. :D

3. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

You got a grey bezel because it is the high resolution anti glare/matt screen, yours is the latest MBP classic, last updated mid 2012, so nothing to worry about.

4. nilsh32 thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, I always thought that date was when the computer was actually made not when the last time that generation had been updated. Thanks for the clarification! And yes I am aware of the silver bezel being the anti glare screen but it just irked me a tiny bit that it wasn't reflected in the image. Oh well, I can find something I'm annoyed by in anything! I love the computer so far and for the record completely prefer the look of the silver bezel. Thanks again!

5. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

If you want to know more tidbits about when and where your Mac was manufactured go to http://chipmunk.nl/ and enter your serial there.

6. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55