Price Advice Is my old Macbook Pro worth more?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chodarth, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Chodarth macrumors newbie

I was just about to put my 2009 15" MacBook Pro on Ebay. Has a new battery (Picked up at the apple store the other day), 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo, 250GB 7200rpm HD, 4GB Ram, ExpressCard slot, Removable bottom with access to HD and Battery. Leopard and Snow Leopard. I used it as a desktop mostly so it's in mint condition, no scratches, dings, dead pixels etc. Any idea how much this might go for? I think this was the last model (15") that still offered the ExpressCard slot. Is having the ExpressCard slot and removable battery cover sought after? How much should I ask for it?

----------

I also saved all the boxes, paperwork, packaging etc. and have a Booq vyper sleeve.

2. robbie12345 macrumors 6502

3. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

The express card slot was nice, but the people who found it most useful are probably migrating to faster computers by this point. Thunderbolt may see more viable options by next year.

4. Chodarth thread starter macrumors newbie

Good point. I guess worth more than the next generation Macbook Pro where the express card slot was removed and the battery isn't replaceable.

5. amoda macrumors 6502a

Nope, unless you find the one in a million.

With an outdated processor, graphic card known to fail, smaller HD, smaller ram capacity, it isn't worth more than 2009 MBP. Like thekev said, anyone who would benefit from the expresscard slot likely wouldn't sacrifice all the other aspects of the machine listed above. They also would've found other solutions by now, as it's been 3, nearly 4, years since a 15" had an expresscard slot.

6. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Probably $850-950. On eBay you might luck out and get more, but fees really reduce your net. Maybe a bit more if there's Applecare on it.

While a nice machine, it's possibly the least desirable 15", as it is the only 15" unibody not to have a discrete graphics card.