is my phone defected?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by FaustArp, Jul 15, 2008.

1. FaustArp macrumors regular

FaustArp

When i browse the web I' am stuck in landscape mode. Anyone else have this problem??

2. wonderbread57 macrumors 6502

Was your phone a former USSR national?

But seriously, the accelerometer has some issues. I think it's firmware 2.0 related. It should switch from landscape mode if you shake it a bit.

p.s. you mean defective not defected.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Damn, beat me to it.

4. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I had sort of the opposite. I was listening to music and couldn't get it to go landscape (coverflow mode) to scroll through albums. It just "magically" came back on it's own about half an hour later. I'm not so sure the firmware is stable just yet. Hoping for a decent patch soon due to this and a handful of other quirks.

5. FaustArp thread starter macrumors regular

FaustArp

haha yeah thats what i meant, my bad. Alright I guess ill just be waiting for an update cause mine definitley isn't going back to normal (stuck in landscape for now)

6. FaustArp thread starter macrumors regular

FaustArp

oh yeah.. and why does it still say edge?? mine doesnt say 3G?? wtf is that all about??

7. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

That would likely mean you're not getting 3G coverage wherever you are at. If you're in a 3G area, try taking it around town. There are some places I've been where I'm on EDGE and some places where I'm 3G.