Is my phone unfixable?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by masterchinese, Sep 29, 2014.

1. masterchinese macrumors newbie

I have an iphone 4s on recovery mode that wont restore.

I replaced the screen a few days ago and it was working perfectly except the network. It was 'searching' nonstop and wont find signal even if i take out the simcard.

I decided to update the phone to ios 8 and it wasnt successful( i did this on another computer). Phone went to recovery mode and i tried to clean restore but still wasnt successful.

Went to my main computer only to find out that i deleted my itunes but i still have backup files somewhere in my drive.

So i installed itunes. Updated my Windows OS, turned off security softwares/firewall. And tried to restore again. Got an error message 1
    Tried a few more steps. DFU mode/ changing ports/ restoring earlier firmwares(7.0 7.1) nothing worked at all. Sometimes i would get error 14/21/3004 and a few more that i cant remember.

I get error 1 most of the time. The phone stops at 75% bar (firmware update/restore) Is there even a possible fix for an error 1? My phone was jailbroken before btw. But i managed to get it back to ios7.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It has a hardware issue.
    Bring it to a repair place to have it fixed.

3. masterchinese thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it really a hardware issue? I mean how is that even possible. It was working PERFECTLY before i tried to update except the signal ofcourse. But why cant i get it back running again?

If its a hardware issue, is it the wifi chip? Or is it something else. I was thinking of opening up my friends iphone 4 and use that battery on my phone. Is it even worth it trying at this point? Should i just go straight to the repair centre

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sounds like you replaced the screen yourself and messed something up.
    Not sure what but bring it to someone that knows how to fix it.
    Restores or software do not fix hardware issues.
    Don't open up any more iPhones:D

5. Jazper macrumors 6502a