Is my Roaming Logic Correct??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rodmo, Oct 25, 2011.

1. rodmo macrumors newbie

I am travelling to the US and have purchased a voice/data/text plan from my local carrier which will work while roaming in the US. It is expensive however and the data limit is low (50 mb for a month) so I want to use it sparingly.

My question is this (and I have searched the forum and came up empty): I plan to leave cellular data off, and only turn it on when I want to do a web search and wifi is not available. But I don't want a lot of data consuming incoming junk mail to use my available data when I turn on cellular data and data roaming. So I think the way to do this is make sure that my mail account (mail settings) is turned off when I do this so that no mail will be fetched via data?? Sound correct?

Many thanks......

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Give it a shot but be carefull.
    50mb is nothing and you can go over it quick without knowing and then the charges will start racking up.

3. rodmo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you much appreciated........will let folks know what happened.

4. madmaclove macrumors newbie

Just turn the internet off manually and just turn it on when you have wifi. Otherwise you will be charged a lot. Or do what I do when I go abroad. Buy a prepaid line and use it.