Is my screen dying?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mdwsta4, Apr 19, 2009.

1. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

i purchased a MBP in Sept 07 to replace my aging ibook. around spring 08 i replaced the hard drive myself to a 320GB model. everything has been fine since.

this morning i started to get a bunch of vertical lines on the display. i know i've seen threads about this in the past, but since most don't have pictures i don't know if it's the same issue. basically it is makes the screen look very pixelated and i can't read anything, which makes the computer worthless when trying to type/read anything.

i restarted; still there. shutdown; still there. while trying to make out posts using the search function on this site, my screen went almost white (but i could still make out the background although the lines were still present) for maybe 10 seconds then my screen went back to normal like it should be.

haven't had this issue before, not sure what to make of it. anyone else? it seems like the threads i read about with the vertical line issue appeared differently than mine. there was also a lot of mention of a pinched cable. while i suppose this could be the case since i did replace the hard drive, that was over a year ago and for the most part my laptop sits at a desk so i dont think that'd be a problem.

any thoughts, tips, advice would be appreciated.

2. ElectroGhandi macrumors regular

ElectroGhandi

If possible, try to hook your MacBook Pro up to an external monitor and see if the lines appear there as well. If they do, it's your logic board at fault. If they don't, it has to do with your MBP's display.