Is my site too cluttered?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by waloshin, Mar 27, 2012.

1. waloshin, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Yes I know its just another wordpress site, but does it look too crowded.

If so any suggestions?

edit: www.waloshin.com

2. Reticent macrumors member

Not clear, maybe it's the martini. But if the site to which you refer is your hunger games site, then yes. The amount of other information compared to the amount of your written stuff that you'd like to share does not translate well at all. When I first opened it up, I looked at everything BUT what you typed. Second time, I came in knowing what to look for and found it but was distracted. So long story short, yes i think.

----------

My suggestion would be, without being a guru in how to actually do it, move some of that ad space down or off to the right. there's a lot going on on the top and a lot on the upper right corner. But the bottom (everywhere) is very open. Leading into nothing as you make it to the bottom is good. but you might try to strike a balance between the information overload on the top and the information "desert" on the bottom and bottom right.

3. waloshin thread starter macrumors 68040

waloshin

Thanks.

Do you think moving the 6 pane text link ad to the footer would be better?

And of course removing the ad down there.

4. Flood123 macrumors 6502a

Flood123

Most my critiques are ad placement. Remember in the world of design less is sometimes more. As far as function, when in doubt,.. leave it out.

Under your site logo possible bring the font size down a bit. this could open ad space to the right of the logo.

Lose the ad at the top of the page.

The header under the top nav could use equal vertical padding top and bottom. Try 48px.
    Get rid of the adverts beneath the top nav. It makes it look crammed and hard to focus on content.

This is just my 2 cents.