Is my sleep/wake button supposed to wiggle from left to right?(iPhone 6 Plus)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mitkold, Jan 23, 2015.

1. mitkold macrumors newbie

So I have an iPhone 6 Plus(Space Grey).Everything works fine.I'm seriously in love with my 6 plus.However there is one thing that has been bothering me for a couple of days.It's recently come to my attention that my lock button(sleep/wake button) has become sort of loose.It will wiggle from left to right when say I put my index finger on it and start moving it.This is what i'm talking about: http://youtu.be/ZyGL6vv77lU
    I would really appreciate it if someone who has an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus and has experienced this replied to this thread and gave me their thoughts because my phone is under a 2-year-warranty so if I'm gonna be shipping my phone to apple for a repair or respectively a replacement I need to make sure my this issue(if it's even an issue) is really abnormal.Thanks in advance! :)

2. perkedel macrumors 6502a

perkedel

my silver iPhone 6 plus sleep/wake button is firmly placed, it does not wiggle.
    I'd take it back.

3. AppleGuruOne macrumors member

Same here. Mine is very firm. Take it back, OP.

4. kousuke18 macrumors regular

Both my 6 and 6+ had a very small amount of play in the sleep/wake button but definitely not as much as yours.

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Loose iPhone buttons certainly aren't a rare occurrence. I swapped out five iPhone 5 handsets and they all had loose buttons. My 6+ has a loose mute switch. People should consider themselves extremely lucky if they get an iPhone with a perfect display and tight buttons in my opinion. There have been numerous threads over the years about loose buttons.