Is my time capsule covered under applecare for imac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Doctorsti, May 10, 2008.

?

Is time capsule covered under imac applecare?

1. yes if you but it within 30 days

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  2. no, it must be on the same receipt

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. yes, it doesn't matter when you buy it

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  1. Doctorsti macrumors regular

I have thus far heard three answers from apple store employees and I want to see what the community says is correct.
    Answer #1: "As long as you buy the time capsule within 30 days of the iMac then it's covered"

Answer #2: "No it will not be covered because it needs to be on the same receipt" (to which I reply "I bought the imac a week ago and it's unopened, if you want to get all technical with me I will bring it back to buy it again today." To which she replied "uh... ok we can do that, just bring your receipt"

Answer #3: "The time capsule is covered no matter what and doesn't need to be on the same receipt or anything." "It's really embarrassing when no one gives you the right answer, sorry"

So which is it folks?

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

I don't think Time Capsule is covered under extra warranty. Doesn't it just get 1 year coverage?

3. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

If you buy AppleCare for your iMac, it covers your Time Capsule as well. (look half-way down and to the very right on the link I provided to the left)

4. Doctorsti thread starter macrumors regular

I have applecare but I bought the two things on different days. Do you think it still covers it?

5. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

Edited my post above, I didn't see you mentioned that you had AppleCare. :) Anyways, I don't think it matters if they're on the same reciept. You might want to call AppleCare and find out.

6. russculler macrumors newbie

It depends on your definition of coverage

My reading of this link is that you get the extended support coverage for all Apple peripherals. I don't think that extends the hardware warranty.

7. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Just bought a 2TB Time Capsule, after my late-June 2012 purchase of a new 15" MBPro. The salesguy at the Apple Store said yes, my 3-yr AppleCare agreement covers the TC, and would do so if I bought the thing right up to the end of coverage.

Old thread; still important info.