Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KillerTree

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
I can click by putting light pressure but not actually "clicking" the trackpad. It's causing some weird things to happen.

tecknik1

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2011
HCM Vietnam
My 2001 MBA was acting strange when moving around the cursor sometimes even highlighted lines and the whole page. I called service many times , reinstalled Lion 2x before Apple told me I had a defective TrackPad and to take it into an Authorized Service Center which is not so common in HCM Vietnam. 1 week later I got my Air back and seems to work for now.

So yes a defective TrackPad can happen.

LAS.mac

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Mexico
my 2001 mba was acting strange when moving around the cursor sometimes even highlighted lines and the whole page. I called service many times , reinstalled lion 2x before apple told me i had a defective trackpad and to take it into an authorized service center which is not so common in hcm vietnam. 1 week later i got my air back and seems to work for now.

So yes a defective trackpad can happen.

2001? Mba?

----------

OP, why don't take a look to a MBA (or, for the case is the same, a MBP) in some store? And simply check against yours. Check the pressure you have to apply and the clicking feel.
Have a close look at yours. Check for some minimum obtrusion you can have, for instance a piece of cookie, etc. Eventually use a bottle of compressed air all way around. I got something removed from underneath my keyboard that way. I used to borrow my kids my laptop...

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
Let me ask you something, OP or other posters. I often have my MBA on SLEEP. I only RESTART or SHUT DOWN when there are updates. I noticed, however, when the MBA is on SLEEP a good amount of time, the pinch to zoom stops working unless I RESTART or SHUTDOWN.

I figure since this is a TRACKPAD issue (hope OP does not mind), was wondering if OP or any of you encounter this?

tecknik1

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2011
HCM Vietnam
2001? Mba?

----------

OP, why don't take a look to a MBA (or, for the case is the same, a MBP) in some store? And simply check against yours. Check the pressure you have to apply and the clicking feel.
Have a close look at yours. Check for some minimum obtrusion you can have, for instance a piece of cookie, etc. Eventually use a bottle of compressed air all way around. I got something removed from underneath my keyboard that way. I used to borrow my kids my laptop...

Sorry 2011 MBA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.