is my wake/sleep button "crooked" on my iphone 3G?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Adrian3300, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Adrian3300 macrumors member

I don't know if it is "crooked". One side appears to be pushed in a little bit. Anyone have any feed back. I know the pic is not the clearest/var/folders/NB/NBp2nDEbF3mPqBGTdhH6FU+++TI/-Tmp-/com.apple.PhotoBooth-T0xa101f0.tmp.Egm461/Photo 5.jpg

2. freejack macrumors regular

freejack

I thought it was designed like that until I compared it with my wife's white model. The button on hers is perfectly parallel with the chrome bezel. Aside from that issue, the home button also protrudes about half a mm from the glass. The right edge of the bezel also does not line up with the plastic back so it actually feels a bit sharp. Needless to say, I'll be bringing it in for an exchange.

3. J.S.Khurst macrumors newbie

Sleep wake crooked

Yep, mine was bad and eventually one side completely jammed in. ordered replacement, just got it, and what do you know...slanted, but at least it has a click sound going to it. Have the original touch, and that button is still perfect, I think Apple might be slipping a bit, my MacBook under a year old creaks, and the sides bulge out, away from the case.