Is Netflix browsing slow?

Discussion in 'Apple TV Apps' started by topdrawer, Dec 7, 2015.

1. topdrawer macrumors regular

My apple tv doesn't scroll smoothly through the movie icons on Netflix. it takes me forever to scroll through a row of movies. it sometimes stalls on a particular title. I realize it lags to load the image on the top of the screen and it won't let me keep browsing till it's fully loaded.

At first I thought it was the apple remote that was unresponsive, and i kept swiping and swiping with no result. I have fast internet and no issues watching HD movies. I much rather hove no title image and quickly flip through the crap on netflix than view beautiful images of crappy movies i have no intention on watching.

anyone else's netflix slow?

2. loekf macrumors 6502

loekf

Same issue here. It's painfully slow since a week or so. It's also looks like it has problems refreshing the recently watched, recommended rows.

I still hate the UI, that you only see two rows of content and that the upper half is taken by meta data.

AFAIK, on Android TV or PS4 it's much more smooth.

Maybe a reboot of the ATV is needed. On ATV3 that sometimes helped to clear out some cache(s). Usually after weeks/months, the album art refused to load. Rebooting helped.

3. topdrawer thread starter macrumors regular

i doubt a reboot will work, but i'll try it. the interface was slow from day one, i barely got my apple tv.

i really hate the interface too. i don't need to see meta data for every icon i scroll over when trying to get to a particular section. the netflix experience was already frustrating enough with the handful of titles it chooses to show you.

siri is it's only saving grace, but it seems like it returns very limited results and it's hard to dig very deep with it.